Team Staff Certification Requirements
The deadline for coaching, volunteer, saftey volunteers, managers and any additional bench staff is December 1, 2021 (The only exception to this rule happens if you are registered for a coaching course that is taking place after the December 1, 2021 date but you must be registered before December 1, 2021)
As most of you are aware, ehockey has been replaced with new software. Follow the steps below to create a new account. Spordle My Account
What do I need for my volunteer position?
- The above requirements also are required for parent helpers on the ice with U7 and U9
Criminal Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Search (Voluneteer Screening)
How to register for any online coaching courses
- Do you need to update your Criminal Record Check? (a new one is necessary every three years)
- Please click on this link http://www.backcheck.net/hockeynovascotia and ensure you complete the vulnerable sector search. (this can be done if you can't get to the local police station - across from Mayflower Mall)
- PLEASE NOTE: The cost of the Criminal Record Check in person for a volunteer should be $0
All team staff are required to be certified in HU-Planning a Safe Return to Hockey. This course is free. See above to register and complete.
Respect In Sport for Hockey Canada Activity Leaders
Click here to register and complete Respect in Sport for Hockey Canada Activity Leaders
Things to know about this online course:
- It will take approximently 3 hours in total to complete however,
- You do not have to complete it all at one time. You can stop and start at anytime. The course is automatically bookmarked from where you stopped the next time you log in.
- Please once completed, please forward your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org for reimbursement.
Are you the Safety Rep for your team?
You are required to complete HU-Planning a Safe Return to Hockey and well as complete a Criminal Record Check either through www.mybackcheck.com , or at your local police station. The Vulnerable Sector Search is not required for this position.
We will be holding a criminal record clinic at the NWDCC for all bench staff, some time in September please watch our facebook for date/time!