2023 Heritage Classic U11A/U13B/U15A Tournament
Items to note:
· Please bring both sets of jerseys to the tournament.
· We will be playing out of our home rink, New Waterford & District Community Centre (3445 Victoria Ave, New Waterford NS B1H-1M2) along with Whitney Pier Rink (186 Church St, Sydney NS B1N-3B1) Full hospitality room will be provided at the New Waterford & District Community Centre.
· Games will start Friday at lunchtime. We will try our best to accommodate teams travelling from afar. Guaranteed: 4 Games
· Prizes for player of the game (every game)
· Skills Competition with medals for winners
· All star team for each division with plaques
· Banner for 1st place with medals
· Medals for 2nd place
· Hampton Inn Sydney - 902-564-6555
60 Maillard St, Membertou NS B1S-3W3 (27 minute drive)
· Cambridge Suites - 902-562-6500
380 Esplanade, Sydney NS B1P-1B1 (26 minute drive)
· Holiday Inn Sydney - 902-562-7500
300 Esplanade, Sydney NS B1P-1A7 (25 minute drive)
· Hearthstone Inn - 902-539-8101
560 Kings Road, Sydney NS B1S-1B8 (29 minute drive)
· Travelodge Sydney - 902-707-4603
480 Kings Road, Sydney NS B1S-1A8 (28 minute drive)
For any questions please do not hesitate to contact us:
U11A Team Manager – Ashley Grant – email@example.com
U13B Team Manager – Jessica Gaudet – firstname.lastname@example.org
U15A Team Manager – Ashley Hillier – email@example.com
The Tournament Coordinator shall have the final say in any controversy or in any decision made pertaining to the Tournament.
Teams will shake hands before the game.
• Play will consist of 3 – 12min stop clock periods.
• 2-minute warm-up will be permitted
• There will be running time in the 3rd period when a goal differential of 5 occurs and will continue until the game ends.
• No time outs will be allotted due to scheduling.
• For round robin games the ice will be cleaned after every game
• Medal games will consist of 3–12-minute stop clock periods, ice will be cleaned after every game.
• There will be overtime for semi-final & Championship games, round robin games can end in a tie.
• The maximum goal differential will be 6 for any game regardless of score.
• If a tie exists in semi or championship, then a 5-minute sudden death overtime period at running time with three skaters from each team and goaltenders. If a penalty is called, a player will be added to the non-penalized team.
• If a tie still exists, a shoot-out involving 3 shooters to be chosen by coaches for each team.
• If after round robin play, there is a tie for a playoff position, the following system will be used in descending order:
• Winner of the game between the tied teams
• Most wins
• Best plus/minus
• Most goals scored
• Fewest goals allowed
• If still tied, flip a coin
• Championship will be 1st and 2nd Place Team.
• Any player receiving a game misconduct penalty shall be suspended for the remainder of that game and the next scheduled game. Any player receiving a fighting penalty will be suspended from the tournament.
• All other infractions will come under the rules published by Hockey Nova Scotia Minor Council
• Foul or abusive language in the arena or on the ice shall be dealt with first by the Coach of his/her team and then through the Tournament Coordinator, if necessary.
• Because of scheduling, the referees ruling shall be final, and no protest will be allowed.
• The Coach/ Manager shall be responsible for the conduct of his/her team in the dressing room, the arena and on the ice. Any damage done to the dressing rooms, or any part of the arena will be the responsibility of the team. ALL TEAMS MUST BE READY TO PLAY 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO THEIR GAME TIME